From Stefan Magnus Landrø <stefan.lan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to make http client to use the Protocol TLSv1 and not TLSv1.2
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2015 06:21:38 GMT
Are you saying you can crash one client (3.x) by using a different client (4.x) ? Wouldn't
that rather be a serious server issue? Are you running both clients from the same jvm? Are
you aware of the security flaws in tlsv1 (or don't they affect your use case?)

Stefan

Sendt fra min iPhone

> Den 19. feb. 2015 kl. 23.54 skrev Maruthi Shanmugam <maruti.nitj@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi ,
>
> My application runs on WAS 7. I use Httpclient 4.3.6 and when i make a https call, by
default it picks the ssl protocol as TLSv1.2 even though I pass the protocol as TLSv1 as part
of the SSLConnectionSocketFactory.

> Can you please advise  on the same, because my application has a hard dependency on Httpclient
3.1 which uses TLSv1 and when both this clients make call to same host , Am getting the Server
resumed with wrong protocol version.