From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: HTTP 2 and Apache HTTP client
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:28:29 GMT
On 1/8/2015 7:20 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> There is no concrete roadmap for HTTP/2.0 yet. An immediate objective is
> full compliance with the latest HTTP/1.1 spec (RFC 7230 and related)
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/HttpComponentsRoadmap

Recently I read through the draft RFC for HTTP/2.0.  Once everybody has
stable and optimized implementations, the average Internet experience
(and a lot of behind-the-scenes infrastructure that use HTTP) will
improve quite a lot.  It looks really awesome.

It will be a major development effort to reach a stable 2.0 implementation.

The current schedule says that the final RFC will be published in
February 2015, which is quite a lot sooner than I thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP/2#Development_milestones

IMHO, work on the implementation should be underway already, so that
there is an initial implementation available by the time the RFC is
published.  That's easy for me to say, since I am not qualified for the
work.  If I had any idea how to write code that functions at such a low
level, I would have already sent some ideas to Oleg!

Thanks,
Shawn