From Johan Hertz <jhz.mailgro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the parameters from HttpRequest?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 13:55:53 GMT
On 2014-12-19 14:47, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-12-18 at 17:59 +0100, Johan Hertz wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am creating a class that implements the interface HttpRequestHandler.
>> The handle method has a parameter of type HttpRequest on which I would
>> expect to find the payload/parameters sent to the server. It does have a
>> getParams method but it is deprecated. The deprecated message is /"use
>> configuration classes provided 'org.apache.http.config' and
>> 'org.apache.http.client.config//"/.
>>
>> Looking at this classes I can't seem to find what I am after, anyone
>> know where I should look?
>>
>> Regards
>> Johan
>>
> Johan
>
> URIBuilder [1] and URLEncodedUtils [2] from HttpClient should do the
> trick. You can use URIBuilder to manipulate request URIs and extract
> request query parameters. URLEncodedUtils can be used to parse request
> entity to extract form parameters.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Oleg
>
> [1]
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/client/utils/URIBuilder.html
> [2]
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/client/utils/URLEncodedUtils.html

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I am doing this on the server side so I don't know if the solution you
suggested applies? But what I found was that the request was of type
HttpEntityEnclosingRequest. So I just cast to that and then get the
payload data using entityRequest.getEntity() and then read the data from
the input stream returned by entity.getContent().

Regards
Johan