From Pete Keyes <PKe...@starbucks.com>
Subject Re: Using PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager in EJB container
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 03:36:29 GMT
The strict "not allowed" rule of EJB3.1 was dropped in EJB3.2 specifically because the rule
was essentially bogus.

By making it sound so ominous with "not allowed" and promised of broken Web Apps it made forced
people to use servlets instead and for no "real" reason.

Accordingly EJB3.2 allows WebApps to create and manage threads with no more than a simple
"warning: do so wisely" which is always good advice ...  :-)

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 11, 2014, at 6:35 PM, Shih-liang Chang <atkinschang@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> You can wrapped it in a singleton session bean with bean managed concurrency annotation
and CDI in other session bean.
> Though the thread it created (or maybe there isn't any additional thread created, I am
not sure) is not managed thread thus not suggested in EE environments.