From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hc-4.3.6: AllowAllVerifier not used
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:48:19 GMT
On Wed, 2014-12-17 at 19:28 +0000, Pete Keyes wrote:
> Thank you Oleg - very interesting.  The only information that I see in the
> JavaDoc is:
> 	When a particular component is not explicitly this class will use its
> default
> 	implementation. System properties will be taken into account when
> configuring
> 	the default implementations when useSystemProperties() method is called
> prior
> 	to calling build().
>
> When I read that it would imply that anything not "customized" will
> fallback to the same value as provided by HttpClients.createDefault().
> Obviously, I was dead flat wrong in how I interpreted the documentation.
>
>  Which of the following also lose their default behavior after going down
> the custom path?

Pete

HttpClientBuilder setter javadocs document which custom parameters are
mutually exclusive:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/client/HttpClientBuilder.html#setHostnameVerifier(org.apache.http.conn.ssl.X509HostnameVerifier)

Hope this helps

Oleg