From Arnold Maderthaner <arn...@maderthaner.me>
Subject Using HTTPClient for mulithreaded HTTP Get download
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2014 09:59:07 GMT
Hi !

I'm trying to write a simple application that does a multi threaded
HTTP Get download from a server which needs to download approx. 2000
files.
I have a list of URLs that I want to fetch and want the binary content
to be stored either on the filesystem or in memory.
Depending on configuration I want to use 10 threads to download this
from the server.

What is the best method to implement this ? Should I use an
ExecutorService with a fixed thread pool and create an own HTTPClient
for each thread or is there some better (less expensive) approach ?

yours

Arnold