From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sample code for sending SNI request ?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:08:53 GMT
On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 14:36 -0700, Feroze Daud wrote:
> hi!
>
> We are using httpcomponents v 4.3.5. Last year there was a bug on the topic of supporting
SNI on JDK7, and a patch was made in late december. The ship vehicle for the patch was 4.3.2.

> However, I cannot find any example that shows how to enable this for the http client.
>
> Please point me to some info. I can volunteer to fix the documentation with the details
so that it might help others in the future.

> Thanks.

Feroze,

SNI should work completely transparently when running on Java 1.7 or
newer. No configuration is required. If for whatever reason SSL
handshake with SNI enabled server fails you should be able to find out
why (and whether or not the SNI extension was properly employed) by
turning on SSL debug logging as described here

http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/security/jsse/ReadDebug.html
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/JSSERefGuide.html#Debug

Oleg