From "Sander A. Smith" <smit...@sericontech.com>
Subject Re: Android Basic Authentication - the failure case
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:08:01 GMT
Oh ok, I was looking at it wrong. The problem really is a single LF added
unnecessarily. Looks like the culprit is the BASE64 encoder which for some
reason puts a LF at the end automatically. I think that it should be
Base64.NOWRAP
instead of  Base64.DEFAULT.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:27 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-07-30 at 09:08 -0400, Sander A. Smith wrote:
> > Thanks Oleg, I've opened a bug.
> >
> > I think I disagree with you about the possible cause. I understand that
> > Android is using a built in Base64 encoder instead of CC, but the
> encoding
> > of the authentication data is happening correctly. What isn't happening
> > correctly is the sequence of CR/LF that surrounds it.
> >

> You are very welcome to disagree, but I am almost certain the culprit is
> this bit in BasicSchemeHC4 that pads base64-coded creds with LF.
>
> ---
>         final byte[] base64password = Base64.encode(
>                 EncodingUtils.getBytes(tmp.toString(), charset),
>                 Base64.DEFAULT);
> ---
>
> Oleg
>
> [1]
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient-android/branches/4.3.3-android/src/main/java/org/apache/http/impl/auth/BasicSchemeHC4.java
>
> > On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 5:01 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
> wrote:

> > > Android
>  the
> > > command

> differently
> > > in
> > > incorrect
> > > library

> > > feeds
> > > >

> > > This looks like an Android specific bug (HttpClient port for Android
> > > makes use of Base64 encoding provided by the platform instead of
> Commons
> > > Codec used by the stock version). Please raise a JIRA for this defect.
> > >
> > > Oleg

> the
> HTTP
> > > 200

Sander A. Smith
President

Sericon Technology Inc.
71 Marquette Ave.
Toronto, Ontario M6A 1X8
(416)781-3988

Link to me on LinkedIn
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandersmith

Learn about the dangers of home routers and how you can protect yourself
http://www.RouterCheck.com

http://www.sericontech.com