From jax <jaxles...@gmail.com>
Subject BasicCredentialsProvider and authentication on Server
Date Sun, 27 Jul 2014 18:31:37 GMT
Hi All,
I am using basic authentication and posting to a httpcore nio 4.3.2 server.
I am using httpClient 4.3 to create the basic auth as per the example:

CredentialsProvider credsProvider = new BasicCredentialsProvider();
                credsProvider.setCredentials(
                        new AuthScope("localhost", 443),
                        new UsernamePasswordCredentials("username",
"password"));

However, I don't see any classes/methods to aid in authentication on the
server side and then found this post.

http://httpcomponents.10934.n7.nabble.com/httpcomponents-authentication-digest-parsing-td153.html

So, should i just add the "Authorization" block in my httpPost object as a
header? Or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks, Jax.