From Vinay <vinayc.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: http-client supported proxy servers
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:42:23 GMT
Ok, assuming I use apache http client in raw form without any wrappers and I pass it parameters
to make it working for squid proxy then will same configuration will work for other proxies
or not?

Thanks
Vinay

> On 30-Jun-2014, at 8:10 pm, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 18:52 +0530, macinstaller wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a wrapper client written over over apache-http client. Given some set
of parameters like Authscheme, proxy server and other details it can traverse through the
given proxy server and establish connection though it. I checked that I works well with Squid
Proxy server for BASIC,DIGEST, NTML and KERBEROS schemes.

>>> My query is, given that my client can traverse Squid proxy server for some auth
schemes and protocols, will it work seamlessly for other proxy servers (both enterprise ones
like Microsoft TMG, Bluecoat, Websense etc)? or Should I be checking it explicitly to work
with each of the proxy servers.