From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: send bit rate for PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 08:23:28 GMT
On Fri, 2014-05-09 at 18:03 +0000, Boxer, Aaron wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to get the bit rate for a PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager.
> Any advice for how to do this?
>
> I was planning to iterate through the leased connections in the pool,
> the HttpConnectionMetrics from each connection, and add up the
> getSentBytesCount(), and divide by total time.
>
> Is there a better way?

Aaron

I think you would be off implementing a custom
NHttpClientConnectionManager using PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager
as a starting point. For instance, you might want to collect output
stats upon connection release. Otherwise, I think connection manager is
the right place to implement such functionality.

Cheers

Oleg