From Tad Whitenight <tadwhiteni...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance and default parameters of 4.2 vs 4.3
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:13:57 GMT
When upgrading from HttpClient 4.2 to the new APIs (no deprecated use) in
4.3 I'm observing a 25-30ms increase in average response latency. Anyone
else observe this or have configuration suggestions while upgrading? I see
that RequestConfig.isStaleConnectionCheckEnabled is enabled by default, but
this appears to be for good reason.

Were default client parameters reevaluated between 4.2 and 4.3 or have they
remained the same? In 4.3 HttpClientBuilder makes it quite clear what the
default values are. In 4.2 HttpParams may have absent/unset values, which
requires looking elsewhere to determine the client behavior.

Thanks,
Tad