From Joan Balagueró <joan.balagu...@grupoventus.com>
Subject RE: Migrating from 4.1 to 4.3
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:39:20 GMT
Hi,

What I'm trying to say is: is there any way to remove or change something that you have already
configured with a  builder? It's not only proxy, it's whatever you can config.

For example, I have a HttpClient with a KeepAlivestreategy, proxy, retryhandler and a tcp_nodely
to true.

With this existing HttpClient, now I want to change (on the fly) this values, removing the
proxy, keepAlive and retryHandler and changing the tcp_nodelay to false.

For example, with 4.2 I could remove a proxy by using:
this.objHttpParams.removeParameter(ConnRoutePNames.DEFAULT_PROXY);

Or I could change tcp_nodelay by using:
HttpConnectionParams.setTcpNoDelay(this.objHttpParams, Boolean.TRUE);

With 4.3, it seems that the only way is to recreate the Httpclient with a builder/s with all
the new values.

Thanks,

Joan.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Enviado el: miércoles, 12 de marzo de 2014 17:27
Para: HttpClient User Discussion
Asunto: Re: Migrating from 4.1 to 4.3

On Wed, 2014-03-12 at 15:46 +0100, Joan Balagueró wrote:
> Hello Oleg,
>
> Thanks. But taking this example:
>
> RequestConfig.Builder builder = RequestConfig.custom(); if (proxyPort != 0) {
>     builder.setProxy(new HttpHost(proxyHost, proxyPort)) }
> RequestConfig config = builder.build();
>
> The question is this can be modified once the CloseableHttpClient is already created.
This means that I had a proxy but not now, thus I want to remove this proxy from the HttpClient.

> Must I create another RequestConfig.Builder, reconfigure it with all options  (without
the setProxy, because now I don't have proxy) and set it again to the HttpClient?

> Thanks,
> Joan.

Use a custom route planner if you want more control over request routing.

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/tutorial/html/connmgmt.html#d5e342

Oleg