From Joan Balagueró <joan.balagu...@grupoventus.com>
Subject RE: Migrating from 4.1 to 4.3
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:46:30 GMT
Hello Oleg,

Thanks. But taking this example:

RequestConfig.Builder builder = RequestConfig.custom(); if (proxyPort != 0) {
    builder.setProxy(new HttpHost(proxyHost, proxyPort)) } RequestConfig config = builder.build();

The question is this can be modified once the CloseableHttpClient is already created. This
means that I had a proxy but not now, thus I want to remove this proxy from the HttpClient.

Must I create another RequestConfig.Builder, reconfigure it with all options  (without the
setProxy, because now I don't have proxy) and set it again to the HttpClient?

Thanks,
Joan.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Enviado el: miércoles, 12 de marzo de 2014 15:35
Para: HttpClient User Discussion
Asunto: Re: Migrating from 4.1 to 4.3

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 12:43 +0100, Joan Balagueró wrote:
> Hello,

> 1.       Where can I set the manager connection timeout?
>
> HttpClientParams.setConnectionManagerTimeout(this.objHttpParams, 1);

RequestConfig config = RequestConfig.custom()
        .setConnectionRequestTimeout(1)
        .build();

> 2.       Where can I set the default connection timeout?
>
> HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout(this.objHttpParams,
> connectionTimeout);

RequestConfig config = RequestConfig.custom()
        .setConnectTimeout(n)
        .build();

> 3.       I see how to add a proxy to the HttpClientBuilder, but how can I
> remove it?
>
> public void setProxy(String proxyHost, int proxyPort)
>
> {
>
>   if (proxyPort == 0)
> this.objHttpParams.removeParameter(ConnRoutePNames.DEFAULT_PROXY);
>
>   else
> this.objHttp.getParams().setParameter(ConnRoutePNames.DEFAULT_PROXY,
> new HttpHost(proxyHost, proxyPort));
>
> }

RequestConfig.Builder builder = RequestConfig.custom(); if (proxyPort != 0) {
    builder.setProxy(new HttpHost(proxyHost, proxyPort)) } RequestConfig config = builder.build();

> 4.       Similar, for example, a retry handler:
>
> public void setRetryHandler(int retryHttp)
>
> {
>
>   if (retryHttp > 0) this.objHttp.setHttpRequestRetryHandler(new
> DefaultHttpRequestRetryHandler(retryHttp, false));
>
>   else this.objHttp.setHttpRequestRetryHandler(new
> DefaultHttpRequestRetryHandler(0, false));
>
> }

HttpClientBuilder builder = HttpClients.custom(); if (retryHttp > 0) {
    builder.setRetryHandler(new
DefaultHttpRequestRetryHandler(retryHttp, false)); } else {
    builder.setRetryHandler(new DefaultHttpRequestRetryHandler(0, false)); } CloseableHttpClient
client = builder.build();

Oleg