From Jon Moore <j...@jjmoore.net>
Subject Re: what's the CACHE_MODULE_RESPONSE mean?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:09:17 GMT

> On Feb 11, 2014, at 4:30 AM, Li Li <fancyerii@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> public enum CacheResponseStatus {
>
>    /** The response was generated directly by the caching module. */
>    CACHE_MODULE_RESPONSE,

> }
>
> when CACHE_MODULE_RESPONSE is used?

There are only a couple of cases where this happens:

1. If you issue a request with 'Cache-Control: only-if-cached' but there is no cache entry,
the caching module generates a 504 response.

2. If a cache entry is stale, is marked with 'Cache-Control: must-revalidate', and the validation
request times out or has an IOException, we generate a 502 response.

There may be a couple more edge cases (I'm answering from memory), but the essence is the
same: there is an actual HttpResponse being returned but it did not come from an upstream
server--it was generated whole cloth by the caching module itself.

Jon