From Kiran Chitturi <kiran.chitt...@lucidworks.com>
Subject How to know which port is newly created for the connection ?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:15:14 GMT
Hi,

I am using http client 4.3.2 and I have a few questions.

1)  I am making lot of concurrent requests to a server. When creating requests, I want to
debug and check which ports are newly created by the client. Currently, I can see the ports
in netstat as pasted below.

tcp4       0      0  172.16.11.138.7575     172.16.11.138.52014    ESTABLISHED

I enabled the debug logging for MainClientExec class and it gives me the below information.
Here it does not exactly tell me what is the source port that is being used for the connection.
How can I use this ? Also, whenever MainClientExec prints the below line, does it mean a new
connection is created with a new port or an existing port is being used ?

2014-02-14 13:01:01 DEBUG MainClientExec:217 - Opening connection {}->http://172.16.11.138:8983

2) My code looks like this for creating a http Client. I pass the client to SolrJ<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Using+SolrJ>
which uses this client to make requests. SolrJ makes requests to a Solr server.

    HttpClientBuilder httpBuilder = HttpClientBuilder.create();

    Builder socketConfig =  SocketConfig.custom();

    socketConfig.setSoReuseAddress(true);

    httpBuilder.setDefaultSocketConfig(socketConfig.build());

    httpBuilder.setMaxConnTotal(100);

    httpBuilder.setMaxConnPerRoute(100);

    httpBuilder.disableRedirectHandling();

    httpBuilder.useSystemProperties();

    final CloseableHttpClient httpClient = httpBuilder.build();

This httpClient created above also throws some exceptions. Can I assume retry is successful
and does this happen because I enabled socketReuseAddress ?

2014-02-14 12:53:21,415 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-59:RetryExec@93] - I/O
exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Address already in use

2014-02-14 12:53:21,443 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-59:RetryExec@106] - Retrying
request

2014-02-14 12:53:47,299 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-203:RetryExec@93] - I/O
exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Address already in use

2014-02-14 12:53:47,327 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-203:RetryExec@106] -
Retrying request

2014-02-14 12:54:24,740 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-263:RetryExec@93] - I/O
exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Address already in use

2014-02-14 12:54:24,763 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-263:RetryExec@106] -
Retrying request

2014-02-14 12:54:39,121 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-142:RetryExec@93] - I/O
exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Address already in use

2014-02-14 12:54:39,157 - INFO  [CloudSolrServer ThreadPool-1-thread-142:RetryExec@106] -
Retrying request

Please let me know your suggestions.

Many Thanks for your help,