From Sebastiano Vigna <vi...@di.unimi.it>
Subject Incredibly slow gzip downloads
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2014 10:22:39 GMT
Something happened from HttpClient 4.3.1 to 4.3.2.

All of a sudden, we are seeing an immense amount of CPU spent into inflating compressed HTTP
now (same hardware, etc.), for no apparent reason. The CPU is 100% consumed by Inflater.

The absolutely weird thing is that in profiling we are spending 15% doing inflation and 1.5%
doing deflation... and the same amount of data is going through the two phases. Downgrading
to 4.3.1 immediately brought back the old performance, and we spend more time in deflation
than in inflation (as it should be).

Maybe some change in the buffer size?

Ciao,

					seba