From "Boxer, Aaron" <Aaron.Bo...@uhn.ca>
Subject ZeroCopyPut mystery
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 04:33:31 GMT
Hello,

When I use ZeroCopyPut with hard drive (spinning disk ) disk files, I get a network transfer
rate of about 250 MBPS for first time read of files; 850 MBPS if the files are already in
the Windows OS file cache. Synchronous put gives me about 30 MBPS.

But, when I am dealing with files on DVD, I get a network transfer rate of 5 MBPS for first
time read of files, and 850 MBPS if files are in the OS file cache.
Synchronous put gives me about 30 MBPS.

So, in the case of first read of DVD files, synchronous client is superior.  Synchronous should
be faster, because it can read and send at the same time.

Does this make sense?   It seems a little strange to me.

Thanks,
Aaron

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the
intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the
organization.