From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apache async httpclient I/O reactor status: STOPPED
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:03:54 GMT
On Mon, 2014-01-13 at 18:55 -0800, Jaikit Savla wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> I have a service running which depends on apache async httpclient. Versions are as mentioned
below
> commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
> httpasyncclient-4.0.jar
> httpcore-4.3.jar
> httpcore-nio-4.3.jar
>
> Intermittently (after 3 days) all my request failed with below error. Unfortunately I
do not have the first error which triggered I/O reactor to stop and I will keep an eye to
get that. Is there any known issue with latest client or has anyone see this before ?

below error and that was addressed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCORE-336.
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Client has been shut down
> org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.AbstractHttpAsyncClient.execute(AbstractHttpAsyncClient.java:509)
> org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.AbstractHttpAsyncClient.execute(AbstractHttpAsyncClient.java:554)
> org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.AbstractHttpAsyncClient.execute(AbstractHttpAsyncClient.java:584)
> org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.AbstractHttpAsyncClient.execute(AbstractHttpAsyncClient.java:569)
>
> library version
> commons-httpclient-3.1.jar
> httpasyncclient-4.0-beta3.jar
> httpcore-4.3.jar
> httpcore-nio-4.2.3.jar
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jaikit

Jaikit,

There are no known issues of this nature with the latest 4.2 and 4.3
releases. I really would need to see the stack trace of the original
exception to be of any help.

Oleg