From "Boxer, Aaron" <Aaron.Bo...@uhn.ca>
Subject RE: connection closed on first attempt to send to IIS WebDav server
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:00:50 GMT

From: Oleg Kalnichevski [olegk@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:27 AM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: connection closed on first attempt to send to IIS WebDav server

On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 03:41 +0000, Boxer, Aaron wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> I managed to make the error go away by using "pre-emptive authentication" on the client:
>
> " When enabling preemptive authentication using Sardine.enablePreemptiveAuthentication(String
host), sending an authentication header before any challenge received by the server."

> Thanks so much for your help,
> Aaron

Aaron

I still think the culprit is Microsoft-IIS/7.5. It rejects the first
request as unauthenticated, which is fine, but it also closes the
connection without properly informing the client (by sending a HTTP/1.1
message without 'Connection: close' header).

Preemptive authentication helps work the problem around.

Yes, I think you're right.  Sadly, IT insists on  using IIS, so I am stuck with this behaviour.
The workaround doesn't add too much overhead, so I guess I will use it.

Thanks again,
Aaron

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the
intended recipient.
Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended
is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the
organization.