From Oleg Kalnichevski <o...@ok2consulting.com>
Subject Re: Size of HTTPClient jar
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 17:53:52 GMT
Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>We could cut a 5.0 that drops the deprecated code but I think Oleg haw
>other changes in mind as well for the next major release.  Oleg?
>
>Gary

I personally see little sense in making a major release only to be able to lose deprecated
stuff. Generally, jar size should not be an issue at all. Disk space is dirt cheap these days
and the entire jar will never get loaded into memory anyway, so memory usage is not an issue,
too. Only in the context of applets jar size may matter somewhat.

Oleg