From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SSL connection
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2013 09:23:47 GMT
On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 19:24 +0100, Joan Balagueró wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have an application (servlet running on tomcat) that must send a https
> request to a server that requires client authentication.
>

> Tomcat has correctly installed the truststore and keystore. But I understand
> that when our app sends the https request, I have to attach the client
> authentication required by the server.
>

> Can anyone address to any doc where I can see how to do this?
>

> Thanks,
>

> J.

There is enough good material on SSL fundamentals on the web. Just
google it out.

As far as HC APIs are concerned SSLContextBuilder should help you set up
the correct SSL context for your application. Most likely you will need
to load the private key and add it to the context using this method [1].

Oleg

[1]
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.3.x/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/conn/ssl/SSLContextBuilder.html#loadKeyMaterial%28java.security.KeyStore,%20char[],%20org.apache.http.conn.ssl.PrivateKeyStrategy%29