From Daz DeBoer <darrell.deb...@gradleware.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient 4.4 time line; Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE level as of HttpClient 4.4
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 21:25:49 GMT
Sorry I missed this poll.

I'm a developer of Gradle, and we use HttpClient pretty heavily under the
covers as part of our dependency resolution engine.
Unfortunately we're stuck with Java 1.5 compatibility for the time being:
that _may_ change to 1.6 for Gradle 2.0 (early next year), but it
definitely won't be 1.7 any time soon.

If you guys decide to upgrade then fair enough; I guess we'll need to
decide whether to backport new features, stick with what we've got or look
elsewhere. (We'd be quite interested in integrated Windows Authentication.)

Anyway, just another data point, not a vote either way.
cheers
Daz