From Clover <nomojom...@gmail.com>
Subject NIO based Proxy/Cache
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 19:55:39 GMT
I'm looking to write an NIO based proxy/cache server in java.  I'd like to
use as many standard APIs and 'off the shelf' implementations as possible.

I wrote a proof-of-concept using HttpCore (which is very fast btw) but
there is not an HTTP caching implementation for HttpCore that I could find
so I would have to write my own.

I wrote a second proof-of-concept using HttpCore and HttpClient but cannot
take advantage of NIO.

Looks like the Async Client might be a useful part of what I'm trying to do.

I'm not super familar with all the components so I guess I'm looking for
direction - what the best way to knit things together might be.  Any
recommendations would be greatly appeciated.