From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Intermittent ConnectionClosedException with httpasynclient.
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2013 10:04:40 GMT
On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 23:39 -0700, Jaikit Savla wrote:
> Also one thing which is puzzling me is that most of the time (95%) this exception is
returned in 0 - 1ms.

Jaikit

This can usually happen when a persistent connection expires while being
leased from the pool. This can happen. The only way way to mitigate this
problem is to pro-actively evict persistent connections from the pool
after a certain period of inactivity. I would also strongly advise
upgrading to the latest SVN snapshot.

Oleg

> On Thursday, October 24, 2013 11:33 PM, Jaikit Savla <jaikit.savla@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Mates,
>
> I am using Apache Async Httpclient 4.0 BETA3
> Intermittently I am receiving ConnectionClosedException in my async failed callback.
Looking at the async httpclient code - it returns ConnectionClosedException when data read
is -1. Doc also says that "Signals that the connection has been closed unexpectedly.". Trying
to understand at which end (server or client) connection was closed ? Can this be related
to any tcp setting on client or server side which might be causing this ?