From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Client stuck
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2013 12:32:22 GMT
On Sat, 2013-10-05 at 14:14 +0200, Sebastiano Vigna wrote:
> On 5 Oct 2013, at 1:56 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >> Suggestions? Should we give an interrupt after a certain amount of time has
elapsed?

> > Well, that can certainly be seen as the last resort if everything else
> > fails.
>

> That is, it's normal for the client to be stuck that way (like in those traces), in spite
of connection and socket timeouts?

What do you expect me to say? The threads are stuck in a native read
method. There is no way of knowing that what exactly is going on inside
of it. If this behavior is reproducible all I can suggest that you run
the crawler with wire / context logging on and see if there are any
clues to glean from it. Running the JVN with a kernel level tracing
would be another option.

Oleg