From Sebastiano Vigna <vi...@di.unimi.it>
Subject Re: Forcing IP address in HTTP requests
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2013 17:14:05 GMT

On 18 Jun 2013, at 3:29 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 15:23 +0200, Sebastiano Vigna wrote:
>> On 18 Jun 2013, at 3:20 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Are you using plain HttpCore or HttpClient?
>>
>> DefaultHttpClient, actually. We're moving soon to the new (non-deprecated) classes.
>>
>> Ciao,
>>

> Could you please run your app with connection management / context
> logging turned on and try to correlate what is going on inside
> HttpClient with DNS lookups?

We're using the new HttpClient now.

I have run the application and logged everything at DEBUG level. Moreover, I have the stack
trace of every DNS call. We had a little run on our university server: all servers have 1
to 3 requests (OK because of redirects, which are handled by the client), but when fetching
users.unimi.it DNS was resolved at each fetch. Can I email you the data?

Ciao,

					seba