From Mike Wertheim ...@hyperreal.org>
Subject fluent - need to consume all content?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:34:54 GMT
I'm reading http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/quickstart.html,
which describes the lower-level (not fluent) httpclient API.

It says: "In order to ensure correct deallocation of system resources the
user MUST either fully consume the response content  or abort
request execution by calling HttpGet#releaseConnection()."

I am using the fluent API.  In the fluent API, I don't see any place in
which my code would release a connection (since the connections seem to be
managed under the covers).  Does that mean that my requests must always
fully consume the response content?

My code reads web pages up to a certain max number of bytes, and then
stops.  Could this behavior be causing a resource leak?