From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PoolingClientConnectionManager NOT using persistence connection. Help!
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:24:43 GMT
On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 10:26 -0400, somath.nao@wellsfargo.com wrote:
> Hello HttpClient users!
>
> I have a Spring Web Application that makes a mutual authentication SSL call to a web
service.  My application currently uses httpclient-4.2.5, httpcore-4.2.4.  It is set up using
the PoolingClientConnectionManager. My problem is the PoolingClientConnectionManager does
not seem to be re-using the persistence connections.  I have http components debugging and
javax.net.debug=ssl debugging and see a connection handshake every time a connection request
is made.

> I have another setup with commons-httpclient-3.1 and re-using persistence connection
works perfectly, but we wanted to upgrade to httpclient v4 to keep up with technology.  Any
help with solving this issue is greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance!

I had answer exactly the same question just a few days ago. Please see
mail archives [1] and this section of the HttpClient tutorial [2]

Oleg

[1] http://markmail.org/message/owiygedaqex6uv6f
[2]
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/tutorial/html/advanced.html#stateful_conn