From Ke Ren ...@spaceapegames.com>
Subject HttpClient performance question
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 17:59:52 GMT
Hi,

We are using httpcomponents httpclient 4.2.2 and doing loadtest with
client. when we increased concurrent requests to 3000 per second, we found
it took near half of cpu usage on aws ec m3.xlarge instance. We have config
as the following:

keepAlive is enabled. socket buffer size is 8 * 1024. maxConnection: 2000,
maxPerRoute: 2000

Today we found apache benchmark test with httpclient 4.3.beta and ran it on
the same aws ec2 instance. The outcome is impressive. It achieved more than
16k requests per second and cpu usage is much lower. Its config is pretty
simple: max connection is 2000 with max 50 conns per route. same buffer
size.

I am just curious if http client 4.3.beta is improved so much or we did
wrong config with 4.2.2.

Thanks in advance

Ke