From Jaikit Savla <jaikit.sa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Httpclient 4.2.2 leak sockets ?
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 18:13:03 GMT
Hello Users,

I am using PoolingClientConnectionManager for my HttpClient instance and have set 512 connections
per route. On one of my production box, all 512 connections are in CLOSE_WAIT state. I also
have IdleConnectionMonitorThread running which claims Idle connections (30s) and expired connections.
I verified that the thread is running on my jstack. However it is not reclaiming the 512 connections
for last 5 days.

Has anyone encountered similar issue ? have any clue on how to debug ?

I have simulating the CLOSE_WAIT scenario in my unit test and verifying if IdleConnectionMonitorThread
is reclaiming the idle connections.

Ref: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4724193/how-can-i-ensure-that-my-httpclient-4-1-does-not-leak-sockets

Any pointers on how to debug this is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jaikit