From Jon Moore <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: default to cached response on error?
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:19:57 GMT
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Sam Perman <sam@permans.com> wrote:

> When you say the resource must be revalidatable in the current version,
> does that mean my resource server must successfully respond with a 304?

No, the origin doesn't have to respond with a 304; a 200 is fine for that.
In the current implementation, "being revalidatable" just means the cached
response needs to have either an ETag or Last-Modified header (so that a
conditional revalidation request can be sent).

I opened a bug against this, since it should also work for any cached
response, not just revalidatable ones.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1368

Jon