From Sebastiano Vigna <vi...@di.unimi.it>
Subject Re: Forcing IP address in HTTP requests
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:11:48 GMT
On 6 Jun 2013, at 8:56 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-06-06 at 18:25 +0200, Sebastiano Vigna wrote:
> What's wrong with using an explicit HttpHost with a resolved address?

OK. We have implemented it that way (and thanks for adding the INetAddress constructor) but
we're still seeing, for a few sites, several calls to DNS. We should see just redirected calls,
but for some sites all requests go through the DNS resolver even if we pass an explicit address.
We can try to isolate the problem inside HttpCore with some help, but for now we're frankly
clueless.

Does this ring a bell?

Ciao,

					seba