From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching in http-core?
Date Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:54:04 GMT
On Fri, 2013-06-21 at 12:33 -0700, Clover wrote:
> I used the core-nio example to build a simple asynchronous proxy filter in
> tomcat 7.  I wanted to add http/1.1 compliant caching to it.

Theoretically we could decouple HTTP caching protocol logic from client
specific APIs and move it to HttpCore. I reckon this would take a
considerable amount of efforts. Unless you would be prepared to do all
the leg work to make that happen, you should simply depend on HttpClient
cache and copy whatever bits you cannot re-use.

Oleg