From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forcing IP address in HTTP requests
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 13:20:39 GMT
On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 15:11 +0200, Sebastiano Vigna wrote:
> On 6 Jun 2013, at 8:56 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2013-06-06 at 18:25 +0200, Sebastiano Vigna wrote:
> > What's wrong with using an explicit HttpHost with a resolved address?
>

> OK. We have implemented it that way (and thanks for adding the INetAddress constructor)
but we're still seeing, for a few sites, several calls to DNS. We should see just redirected
calls, but for some sites all requests go through the DNS resolver even if we pass an explicit
address. We can try to isolate the problem inside HttpCore with some help, but for now we're
frankly clueless.

> Does this ring a bell?
>
> Ciao,

Sebastiano

Are you using plain HttpCore or HttpClient?

Oleg