From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching in http-core?
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:46:13 GMT
On Sat, 2013-06-15 at 07:18 -0700, Sam Perman wrote:
> I think it would be interesting to open those Apis up so the application could get cache
entries for use in certain error cases.  (For example, my client app has detected the server
is unavailable for some reason or I have crossed some throttling limit for requests to the
backend... I could choose not to attempt a call to the backend and just return the cache entry
instead.)

> ​sam

I believe this should already be possible as long as your code can use
the complete client stack, not just core. Though, to be sure ask Jon. He
is the ultimate authority on everything related to HTTP caching.

Oleg