From Chun Tat David Chu <beyonddc.stor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient with PoolingClientConnectionManager throws read time out
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 22:18:56 GMT
Did you set the CoreConnectionPNames.SO_TIMEOUT somewhere in your code?

According to the httpclient-tutorial.pdf, if you didn't set the socket
timeout, your read operation should never be timed out.  Here's the copied
and pasted section from the PDF.

CoreConnectionPNames.SO_TIMEOUT='http.socket.timeout': defines the socket
timeout (SO_TIMEOUT) in milliseconds, which is the timeout for waiting for
data or, put differently, a maximum period inactivity between two
consecutive data packets). A timeout value of zero is interpreted as an
infinite timeout. This parameter expects a value of type java.lang.Integer.
If this parameter is not set, read operations will not time out (infinite
timeout).

Good luck!

dc