From R Smith <ryan.justin.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proxy chaining
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 19:58:14 GMT
Thanks Oleg. Thanks for the pointer on CONNECT. Makes sense.  Ive forked
the httpclient 4.2.x branch locally so I have my own copy to work with. I
dont mind submitting patches if I have something usable and generic enough
when Im done.

So am I correct in thinking I should still use a "CONNECT" method for
chaining but I should make HttpConnect() a private inner class of  my
custom RequestDirector class so end users wont call it?  Does HttpClient
use the "CONNECT" method anywhere internally that I am missing so I can see
it being used as an example?

Just trying to figure out if Im barking up the right tree with the CONNECT
method for proxy chaining.  I can proxy chain using command line telnet, so
I am just trying to recreate the same calls in httpclient at this point.

Thanks again for all the help,
-Ryan