From R Smith <ryan.justin.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Proxy chaining
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 13:58:29 GMT
Hello,

I have a question on proxy chaining.

I know that httpclient supports a single hop proxy, (Source -> P1 ->
Target) out of the box by using TUNNEL_TARGET.  However, when I provide an
extra proxy in the chain using a custom HttpRoutePlanner#determineRoute(),
(Source -> P0 -> P1 -> Target)  I use TUNNEL_PROXY and need to implement a
custom DefaultRequestDirector#createTunnelToProxy().  Im just not sure what
all should be done in this method.  My route object looks correct, I can
see both proxies and target but Im just not sure if I need to make a
connection to the 1st proxy using a custom HttpConnect method object.  I
noticed there is no Http "CONNECT" method, there is HttpGet, HttpPost and
HttpDelete.  Should I create my own HttpConnect object for proxy chaining
or can I accomplish the "Connect" command on the 1st proxy in the chain
some other way?

Any example code or advice would be appreicated, thank you.
-Ryan