From Sumit Kumar <sum...@erevmax.com>
Subject ByPassing NTLM authentication in HTTP Client 4.X
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 14:20:55 GMT
Hi ,

We are facing problem in NTLM authentication while using HTTP Client version 4.1.1 version
( we tried with 4.2.5 as well same problem). We are getting following exception while connect
in NTLM proxy authentication environment:

org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestProxyAuthentication - Proxy authentication error: Credentials
cannot be used for NTLM authentication: ( With Status Code : 407)

We had written following way the code :

           httpClient.getCredentialsProvider().setCredentials(new AuthScope(iptext, Integer.parseInt(porttext)),
                    new UsernamePasswordCredentials(unametext, passtext));
After that we tried as mentioned in below link which also does not work:

http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/ntlm.html

Then we thought of by passing NTLM authentication as mentioned below :

            List<String> authpref = new ArrayList<String>();
            authpref.add(AuthPolicy.BASIC);
            authpref.add(AuthPolicy.DIGEST);
            httpClient.getParams().setParameter(AuthPNames.PROXY_AUTH_PREF, authpref);

Again bad luck. And Java's URLConnection works well with NTLM without any issues so we are
wondering what is something missing in HTTP Client or the way we are using.

Please suggest what could be the solution ASAP.

Best Regards,

Sumit Kumar
Software Architect

eRevMax Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
Phone: +91 (0) 80 416 84 990| Mobile: +91 (0) 9741622116 | Skype: sumitkjm
Email: sumitk@erevmax.com<mailto:info@erevmax.com> | Web: www.erevmax.com<http://www.erevmax.com>