From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Turning off Chunked Encoding...
Date Mon, 20 May 2013 15:21:56 GMT
Thanks David,

I am curious does anyone know if chunked encoding by default was enabled in httpclient sometime
after httpclient 3.1? I see hints of it when I google.

Thanks,
-Tony

________________________________
 From: David Motes <davidmotes@gmail.com>
To: HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>; Tony Anecito <adanecito@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: Truning off Chunked Encoding...

Use the setChunked method on the entity which defines the content.
There is a content size limit of around 2GB if you do not use chunked
transfer.

DefaultHttpClient cli = new DefaultHttpClient();
HttpPut method  = new HttpPut(url);
InputStreamEntity reqEntity = new InputStreamEntity(pmis, -1);
reqEntity.setContentType("application/octet-stream");
reqEntity.setChunked(false);

method.setEntity(reqEntity);
resp = cli.execute(method);