From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpClient 4.2.5 GA release
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:40:31 GMT
On 25 April 2013 11:22, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 21:34 +0200, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> > Sorry Oleg, I mixed up my question.
> >
> > So does HTTPCLIENT-1340 affect 4.2.3 version of HttpClient ? I am
> confused
> > about JIRA indicating it affects 4.2.3 BETA which suggest 4.2.3 could
> also
> > be concerned.
> >

> The bug affects ALL versions of 4.2.x prior to 4.2.5 (including 4.2.3).
> It also affects deprecated code in 4.3 branch.

Are there any plans to fix the deprecated code?
I'm not saying we should, just wondering how to make the JIRA clearer.

It looks odd if one of the affected versions is never apparently fixed.

I'll add a comment to the issue, but it would be useful to be able to tidy
up the Fix version at some point.
If dep. code is not to be fixed, perhaps we could add a dummy version 4.3
(deprecated code) ?

Oleg

> > Thanks
> > Regards
> > Philippe
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
> wrote:

> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-1340

> not

> > > It depends how you look at it. The bug does not affect new code in 4.3
> > > but it does affect old deprecated code.
> > >
> > > Oleg

> > > olegk@apache.org

GA