From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.3-beta1 Released
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:14:58 GMT
Hi,

I have a couple of questions that center around migration to 4.3 beta 1.

1. Can I use a httpclient 4.1 front end with a 4.3 beta 1 server side code?
2. I am using http commons and wondering if I need to use that with this 4.3 beta release.
3. What version of jackson JSON works with this 4.3 beta 1?
4. I am using client side http connection pooling. What do you recommend and do you have an
example using 4.3 beta 1?

Thanks,
-Tony

________________________________
 From: Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
To: announce@apache.org; private@hc.apache.org; dev@hc.apache.org; httpclient-users@hc.apache.org

Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 11:55 AM
Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.3-beta1 Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce release
4.3-beta1 of HttpComponents HttpCore. This is the first BETA release
from the 4.3 release branch. The main theme of the 4.3 release series is
streamlining of component configuration and deprecation of the old
configuration API based on HttpParams in favor of constructor-based
dependency injection and plain objects for configuration parameters.

This release also includes performance optimizations intended to reduce
TCP packet fragmentation when writing out HTTP messages both in blocking
and non-blocking I/O modes, which should result in up to 20% higher
throughput for short entity enclosing messages.

This release also includes all fixes from the stable 4.2.x release
branch.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core - HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP
transport components that can be used to build custom client and server
side HTTP services with a minimal footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O
models: a blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and a
non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on Java NIO. The blocking I/O
model may be more appropriate for data intensive, low latency scenarios,
whereas the non-blocking model may be more appropriate for high latency
scenarios where raw data throughput is less important than the ability
to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP connections in a resource
efficient manner.