From Fran├žois-Xavier Bonnet <francois-xavier.bon...@centraliens.net>
Subject Re: encode querystring value
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:25:44 GMT
Hi,

This method is from HttpClient 3 which is now deprecated and not
maintained anymore. In the latest versions you can use class
org.apache.http.client.utils.URLEncodedUtils
I guess you are already using HttpClient on your project? If not, if you
just need to encode values for querystring, you can use commons-codec
library:
http://commons.apache.org/codec/apidocs/org/apache/commons/codec/net/URLCodec.html#encode(java.lang.String,

java.lang.String)
<http://commons.apache.org/codec/apidocs/org/apache/commons/codec/net/URLCodec.html#encode%28java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String%29>

Regards,
Francois-Xavier

On 12/02/2013 10:08, MF wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have to encode querystring value in a http request in Java. For example:
> http://mysite.com/service?name=James Smith&address=my street
> must become:
> http://mysite.com/service?name=James%20Smith&address=my%20street
> I have to do this in a method where I have querystring value in input, so I have to encode
only the value (James Smith, my street, in my example). I was thinking about using this method
org.apache.commons.httpclient.util.URIUtil.encodeWithinQuery: is this right? I have seen many
confusing discussion about encoding http request in many other forum.