From Kevin Weslowski <weslo...@accesscomm.ca>
Subject Re: connect through proxy
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 20:12:22 GMT
thanks, but I couldn't get that to work for me.

I did some research and I have the same problem as found in this post:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13308073/httpcomponents-client-proxy-problems

and the suggested solution doesn't work for me...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Claassen" <mac01@donnell.com>
To: "HttpClient User Discussion" <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:45:42 PM GMT -06:00 Central America
Subject: RE: connect through proxy

I don't know too much about authenticating proxies.  Is it possible that the authentication
is done via some magic from your OS?  I
know to get my Webstart stuff to work right I needed to also use the java "native" socket
factory.  You can try this and see if it
helps.

In HttpClient 4.2:

fact = new SSLSocketFactory(HttpsURLConnection.getDefaultSSLSocketFactory(),ver);
new Scheme(protocol, port , fact);