From Mark Claassen <ma...@donnell.com>
Subject RE: Connection Reset errors
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:05:59 GMT
Looks like the stale connection check is enabled by default anyway, so I must have been using
it all along.

> It may well be that HttpURLConnection silently retries failed requests
Is this a common thing to do, like for browsers?  Granted, she is in our app more than most
others, but I don't think she experiences issues with other applications.

She is not getting a Connection Refused or some other unable to read exception, but a Connection
Reset.  The stale connection check passed, so HttpClient thinks this is a good connection,
right?  Or are there limits to how reliable a stale connection check can be?

    public boolean isStale() {
        if (!isOpen()) {
            return true;
        }