From Deepak Mishra <dkmishra...@gmail.com>
Subject "Proxy Authentication Required" error in using kerberos authentication with Proxy Server
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:52:16 GMT
Hi,
We need to communicate to an internet URL through a Proxy Server, the Proxy
Server has kerberos authentication integrated with an active directory.
I am using HttpClient-4.2 with JRE 1.6.0_37. When I try to connect to an
internet URL through the Proxy server, it returns "Proxy Authentication
Required" error.

On the other hand, when I try to communicate to a target host which has
kerberos authentication, the communication succeeds.
After debugging I found that in GGSSchemeBase.java, in method
"authenticate" we get the token from KDC and then create a header
"Authorization" with value "Negotiate token(in base 64 encoded format)".
So, using this header the communication with Target Server succeeds but
communication with Proxy Server fails. Because for Proxy Server, the Header
name should be "Proxy-Authenticate".

I have not modified the HttpClient code for my purpose, but it seems that
for successful Proxy Server authentication using kerberos, the header name
in request should be "Proxy-Authenticate".
Can any one please look into this problem and help me in getting a patch
that will work with Proxy Server using Kerberos authentication?

Thank You,
Deepak