From vigna <vi...@di.unimi.it>
Subject Re: AbstractNIOConnPool memory leak?
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2012 02:33:54 GMT
I'm following up on myself.

Apparently there was a mistake from our part: we were allocating an
asynchronous client for each of our 64 worker threads, instead of having a
single one. In this way the memory allocation per client of the routeToPool
(~256M) skyrocketed to 16G. We are now using a single async client for the
whole application (~20.000 simultaneous connections) and everything seems to
work much better.

Nonetheless, the routeToPool map will apparently never shrink. For long-term
application accessing millions of site this might be a problem. We will see
whether it is possible to modify the class so to use Google Guava's caches
for this purpose.