From Sachin Nikumbh <saniku...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about IOReactorConfig.soTimeout and IOReactorConfig.ioThreadCount
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:59:15 GMT
Hi,

I am evaluating HTTP Async client and have following questions.

How's IOReactorConfig.soTimeout different
from CoreConnectionPNames.SO_TIMEOUT? I am looking into the code but it's
not very obvious to me yet. Also, what parameter should be taken into
account while setting value of IOReactorConfig.ioThreadCount? I see that
it's being defaulted to number of processors. But if my client application
is going to generate hundreds of simultaneous requests, should I be
changing this parameter?

In general, while using HTTP async client in high load environment, what
are the parameters that one needs to be aware of?

Thanks
Sachin