From Chris Casey <cca...@truste.com>
Subject Change default params for HttpClient
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:52:29 GMT
Hello,

I am using WebDriver (specifically FirefoxDriver) to communicate between my Java code and
Firefox while I crawl web pages.  It appears that WebDriver is using HttpClient in it's code.
 I am having issues with socket timeouts on a few pages, and I want to change the default
value to something shorter.  It is my understanding that if no params are passed to a new
HttpClient, it uses the global default params?  I tried changing the global params before
I initialize my FirefoxDriver but it doesn't seem to be working.

Am I approaching this issue correctly?  If so, what is the proper way to set a global socket
timeout param?  I have been doing something like this:

DefaultHttpParams.getDefaultParams().setParameter("http.socket.timeout", 1000);

Thanks!

-Chris